Monday 16 October 2023

Tabernacle | Refinishing

When I was fitting hardware to the tabernacle I used masking tape for the marking up, and I was a bit dismayed to find that it took a very thin layer of paint with it in some places when peeled off.

I wasn't too worried because I had learned how to get a good finish with wet sanding and polishing.

So when I had some spare time I wet sanded the blemished patches from P800 through to P2500 grit, and used polishing compound from P5000 to P11000.

Here it is.

It worked out just fine.

I put it back in the house to await installation.

No comments:

Post a Comment