When the cabin roof had fully cured I set about trimming off the excess material around the edges.
But how to know exactly where to cut it?
It was then that I realised the real value of a marking tool shown in the build manual. This is what it looks like.
I made it from a piece of scrap ply. You merely slide it along the side of the hull and mark in where the point at the top aligns with the roof. Simple!
Having marked out its outline I then roughly trimmed the roof to get rid of most of the excess material.
Here is a view from the front of the port Dorade box area.
I had to drill entry holes to use a jig saw across the forward face of the cabin.
Otherwise a Japanese saw made light work of cutting all other edges.
Further trimming was done with the Rotex 90 sander set to rotary mode and using a P40 grit, turning it effectively into a grinder to remove most of the remainder.
Lastly I switched to using the sander in random orbital mode with a P60 and then a P80 grit to get to the final finish.
Here is the roof with its finished trim, viewed from the front on the port side.
Lastly, here is a rear view of the starboard side.