While the rudder was glued up and curing I moved on to making the bowsprit.
This looked like an interesting project, and would be the first of the boat's spars.
The bowsprit is manufactured from a solid piece of timber, made of two lengths of 2 1/2" by 1 1/2" Douglas Fir laminated together to form a 2 1/2" by 3" balk.
So the first step is to glue the two pieces together. As here, on the bench.
Having used most of my G cramps on the rudder I had to search out any other clamps I had for use on the bowsprit.
I found a pair of enormous 10" G cramps which I purchased online some time ago and had forgotten about.
They were much larger than I needed, but I kept them anyway thinking they would be useful one day.
Today was their day.