Monday 21 August 2023

Fitting Out | Bowsprit Test Fit

In the last post I described how I made new pivot bolts for the tabernacle, to secure the mast and the bowsprit.

There should of course be no problem in using the new bolts, but I have been caught out in the past by assuming that an identical part is exactly that - identical.

So I made a quick test fit of the bowsprit in the tabernacle using the new bolt. Here it is.

As hoped, it fitted with no problem. Here is the new pivot bolt in place.

I haven't test fitted the mast in the tabernacle yet. That will come soon and I fully expect that the holes will not line up!

No comments:

Post a Comment